Re: Platform Specific Code

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Platform Specific Code
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 22:01:40 +0200

On Monday 21 October 2002 21:30, Neil Hotmail wrote:
> There are a fair few (say 10/15), but the important thing is there are
> more than there need to be.

Sure, I consider them ugly anyway.

> #ifdef WIN32
>    #include "Win32/Standard"
> #elseif LINUX
>   #include "Linux/Standard"
> #else
>   #die painfully
> #endif

That would result in preprocessor errors since # must be the first char....
If you correct them I'll get a #die painfully since LINUX isn't defined. ;-)

> This way pingus.hxx would include the appropriate platform specific code,
> as above, the fact that its included by everything should make it a lot
> easier. It will also make it shorter when Pingu's gets ported to 50 OS's.

Well to include platform specific differences was dteh idea behind
pingus.hxx. But I wonder how you'll manage to port to 50 OS's - I've never
heard of that many. ;-)

> I lie, for major read minor. I just thought I'd check first anyway.

No problems from me, get an OK from Ingo and start coding.

Bye David