Re: About Pingus

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: About Pingus
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 13:54:29 +0200

On Friday 25 October 2002 13:28, Jorrit Tyberghein wrote:
> I'm trying latest Pingus and it seems to work nicely. However I just tried
> desert2.xml and this level is simply unplayable and I'm not sure it is
> because
> of that level or because of Pingus. In that level the pinguins start by

I'd say that's a problem of the level in this case.

> falling down
> from a large height (so they drop dead). I see that you can get floaters
> in that level
> so I press pause and select that. But when I unpause the game (or even
> during pause)
> it is simply impossible to hit the falling pinguins. I click on them
> constantly but
> I never manage to enable the floating feature. They simply drop too
> fast. Is this
> a known bug?

It would be a bug if you're not able to change them into floater while in
pause mode. In fact it's even a listed item in our buglist that you may do
too much while in pause mode - in this case, change the faller into floater.
On the other hand, catching all the fallers to turn them into floaters isn't
something I'd want to do. Maybe the maximal falling depth was higher when the
level was designed.

Bye David