Re: Another bug

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: Another bug
Date: 25 Oct 2002 19:47:20 +0200

David Philippi <address@hidden> writes:

> On Friday 25 October 2002 17:17, Ingo Ruhnke wrote:
>>> PingusMenuManager: detected large delta (4.29377e+006), ignoring and
>>> doing frameskip
>> Not yet 100% what is causing this, but it might be something error in
>> connection with the 'unsigned int' as returned by CL_System::get_time():
>
> I've seen this message too sometimes without any further problems in Linux. I
> think it happend mostly when I've got a bit of load on the machine when
> starting Pingus.

The message itself is no problem and comes each time the time for a
update goes above 1 second, its the delta value, which is above all
realistic values.

> But I remember that there was a thread about time jumping backwards
> in Windows in ClanLib-devel not too long ago.

Thats will most likly be the problem, since the calculated delta will
overflow and become very huge, some pieces of code might not like that
very much.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927