Re: Climber bug

From: Gervase Lam
Subject: Re: Climber bug
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 03:45:17 +0100

> Found what the problem was, and it is easy to reproduce.  If a Pingu was
> facing left when you click on it to make it into a climber, it will
> forever more climb a wall as if it were walking up it from the left-hand
> side.  If the Pingu was facing right when you click on it, it will
> forever more climb a wall as if it were walking up it from the
> right-hand side.

Slight mistake in the patched climber.cxx file.  I should have really put
the code that chose the correct sprite BEFORE actually updating the
sprite, not after.

However, even with the correction, the occasional Pingu would jump from
climbing inside a wall to correctly climbing outside the wall.  The debug
code I've put in tells me that the Pingus are facing the correct direction.

I'll need to look into this.  The only theory I've got is that the Sprite
class isn't working properly.  But I don't think this is the case.

Thanks,
Gervase.