Re: A Question about Bashers

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: A Question about Bashers
Date: 27 Oct 2002 23:37:10 +0100

Craig Timpany <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 05:34, you wrote:
>> Also the lack of a '+/- Pingu release speed' will affect the playability of
>> the levels. Are you going to add this feature or not?
>
> This feature in Lemmings was to end the level quickly after you've
> estabilished a route. We have fast forward mode instead (like
> Lemmings 2).

No, it wasn't only for fast-forward, it was also used in the later
levels to dose the release rate so that two lemmings meet at specific
critical point (which they didn't without some release-rate changes)
and there where a few levels where you needed to increase the release
rate to make it in time, which also resulted in a much harder level
(apply 100 diggers in a row to make them survive, if you miss one,
game over).

I didn't really liked the second use of the release-rate, since it
could get quite frustrating, but on the other site a bit frustration
can be quite good for a game. But anyway, the second use won't work,
since we have pause-mode, so the release rate wouldn't really matter.

The first use is still valid, but there wheren't that many levels,
that used that and having a seperate release rate per exit might be
more useable for some puzzels.

If somebody creates a few good levels which needs the release-rate
switch to work, I will add it, otherwise I think we should leave it as
it is.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927