Re: Screen (level) navigation with cursor keys

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Screen (level) navigation with cursor keys
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 23:04:47 +0100

On Monday 28 October 2002 19:33, Jorrit Tyberghein wrote:
> I agree! But movement with cursor should be pretty fast so you can
> navigate quickly using the keyboard. Also I would like to have hotkeys
> for all the actions a pinguin can do.

For scrolling with the cursor keys add the following to

  <axis-scroller speed="1">
     <button-axis angle="0">
         <key-button key="left">
         <key-button key="right">
    <button-axis angle="90">
      <key-button key="up">
      <key-button key="down">

Experiment with the speed setting until you like the result.

Hotkeys for the actions (define as much as you need):

    <key-button key="F1">
    <key-button key="F2">

The input system of Pingus is extremely flexible. This remembers me that I
should someday write a documentation on how to use it. ;-)
If you look into input/ you'll see that there are quite a few axes, buttons,
pointers and scrollers available to configure the input however you like it.

Bye David