Re: Screen (level) navigation with cursor keys

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Screen (level) navigation with cursor keys
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 23:04:47 +0100

On Monday 28 October 2002 19:33, Jorrit Tyberghein wrote:
> I agree! But movement with cursor should be pretty fast so you can
> navigate quickly using the keyboard. Also I would like to have hotkeys
> for all the actions a pinguin can do.

For scrolling with the cursor keys add the following to
data/controller/default.xml

<scroller>
  <axis-scroller speed="1">
     <button-axis angle="0">
         <key-button key="left">
         <key-button key="right">
    </button-axis>
    <button-axis angle="90">
      <key-button key="up">
      <key-button key="down">
    </button-<axis>
 </axis-scroller>
</scroller>

Experiment with the speed setting until you like the result.

Hotkeys for the actions (define as much as you need):

<action-buttons>
  <action-button>
    <key-button key="F1">
  </action-button>
  <action-button>
    <key-button key="F2">
  </action-button>
</action-buttons>

The input system of Pingus is extremely flexible. This remembers me that I
should someday write a documentation on how to use it. ;-)
If you look into input/ you'll see that there are quite a few axes, buttons,
pointers and scrollers available to configure the input however you like it.

Bye David