Re: beta testing comments

From: Neil Mitchell
Subject: Re: beta testing comments
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 12:04:46 -0000

> David Philippi wrote:
> > 1. How do you suggest doing this? In pause mode? With a modifier key?
> > It works right now in most cases if you apply the action in pause
> > mode but I wouldn't count on this "feature" to stay forever.
>
> I hope the pause will never be remove. Pingus is a logical game, at least
> IMHO, so I'd like to have full control over the things happening. If
someone
> thinks that pause is not a good option, just don't use it (and if you do,
> you're just fooling yourself).

I don't think doing all the actions in Pause is bad at all, the goal of
Lemmings was to complete the level using logic, the fact that you needed
logic AND pixel perfect timing in my opinion did not add to the game, if I
wanted fast reactions I'd play Quake. A challenging level should be just as
hard even with Pause mode.

> The pause should be prevented in multiplayer however, since the goal of
> multiplayer is not to solve the level, but have fun, and beat your
opponent.
Obviously. Does Multiplayer work yet? Does it exist? Or is this just a
Windows thing?

Ginge