RE: Pingus for Windows [Was Re: Pingus Configuration Tool]

From: marciot
Subject: RE: Pingus for Windows [Was Re: Pingus Configuration Tool]
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:46:03 -0700

>===== Original Message From address@hidden =====

>We currently don't have any usable Pingus version. 0.4.0 is far to old
>and buggy to be usefull and 0.5.0 isn't done yet. I strongly recomment
>to not use any of the 0.5.0pre-something for anything but testing,
>including them in distros or other distro-like package collections
>will do more harm than good.

Pingus 0.4 already made it out on the GnuWin CD even before I signed
up with them. I think the SuSE distribution also comes with an
RPM for Pingus, maybe other distros do too. Looks like someone
already let the cat (er, pinguins) out of the bag a long time ago.
Buggy or not, Pingus is a popular game :)

Anyhow, personally I found that 0.4 was buggy, yes, but it was
still a lot of fun to play around with and it looks very cool :)

Marcio Luis Teixeira