Re: Problems compiling Pingus (linking)

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Problems compiling Pingus (linking)
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 19:49:03 +0100

On Saturday 18 January 2003 14:17, Kenneth Gangstoe wrote:
> Sounds like a singlethreaded vs multithreaded issue. You must make sure
> all libraries are compiled in multithreaded mode.

That's quite possible. How do I compile everything single/multithreaded? As
long as the application doesn't offer different configs I'm quite lost since
I know next to nothing about Visual Studio. I don't even know how to edit
code with it, I just experimented until I found out how to compile something.
Since I guess that this would be the next problem - how do I make sure that
everything links static? Some libs had static + dynamic build targets, some
didn't say anything about it....

BTW is it mandatory to compile everything multithreaded? Pingus is
singlethreaded so until ClanLib requires it I see no reason to pay the cost
for synchronization.

Bye David