Re: [Pingus-CVS] [Bug #2755] when jumper hits blocker pingus crashed

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: [Pingus-CVS] [Bug #2755] when jumper hits blocker pingus crashed
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 19:53:43 +0100

On Wednesday 12 March 2003 18:28, Karsten Vieth wrote:
> I can reproduce this, and I can give a backtrace if someone tells me what a
> backtrace is.

A backtrace is debugging information and shows the state of the code in the
moment of the segfault. To generate one you need the core file generated and
gdb. Simply type
gdb pingus core
 in the directory with pingus. Maybe you'll have to add a path before core or
change core to core.? where ? is a number (the pid) and then type "up" until
an error message appears. Copy the output from the first to the last up into
a mail and send it to the list.

Bye David