Re: Playing another worldmap than tutorial

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: Playing another worldmap than tutorial
Date: 31 Mar 2003 23:54:29 +0200

Björn Fischer <address@hidden> writes:

> Alritght, I cleaned up the volcano.xml file a little bit. At least
> it's possible to load the worldmap without errors now. Patch file is
> attached.

Patch applied, worked perfectly by the way. I also added now a
'--worldmap' option to Pingus which lets one load a worldmap from the
commandline:

./pingus --worldmap ../data/worldmaps/volcano.xml

> Levels are right now set to playable/hellmouth*-grumbel.xml. hellmouth
> 11 an 16 were missing, so I changed these levels to 12 an 17...
>
> Maybe we could move the hellmouth levels to a levels/volcano folder
> just like the tutorial levels?

The hellmouth levels actually belong in the not yet painted hellmouth
world, which might look something like that:

http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/hellmouth.jpg

While the volcano world will get much more stoney and look kind of
like this:

http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/volcano2.jpg

Volcano world should thus use mostly the stone graphics which are
already used in the "Float or Die" level at Tutorial Island.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927