Pingus spelling/grammer mistake

From: Neil Mitchell
Subject: Pingus spelling/grammer mistake
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 02:03:27 +0100

Hi

Usually I would let them slip, but on the opening story...
It has also stripped trailing spaces from some of the lines, it wasn't
intentional but my editor does that automatically, feel free to reinsert the
trailing spaces if they serve some purpose.

the level "Dig and float, but just don't fall and smash", or show8-grumbel,
starts for me in a way where the pingu's are imediately caught on falling
from their drop area, so don't move at all, meaning that if I just start the
level I can't see any pingu's at all. That seems quite confusing, especially
for the 3rd level in, is it intentional. I doubt it because the signs are in
the wrong place and it makes the level really tricky.

tutorial/snow-19-grumbel is also really hard, and if you follow the sign
posts you won't get far. The sign post in the top right is redundant. When
the pingu's are walking back on the final straight there is some scenary,
the jagged drop down bits, that obscure building a bridge, so you have to do
a fairly elabourate round the hills bridge. Is this intentional as a
bridging introduction?

tutorial/bomber-tutorial2-grumbel has really hard bombs at the top, and then
gets easier as you go down, is that intentional? surely the bombs should get
harder not easier.

The game also seems to slow down the more I play it, and in a level every
frame seems to increase the memory taken up, as reported by task manager. Is
this it storing it in memory to write to the demo file, or is it a genuine
memory leak. If it is a memory leak then it seems quite an important one.
The rate of leak is around 40Kb per second. I will try and get better
numbers on the general slow down tomorrow.

The new blackboard graphics look really swish, and the whole game actually
works on my computer without freezing totally, which it hasn't done for
ages. I'm really impressed at how good its got over hte last month while I
haven't been looking.

Neil