Re: VC6 fixes

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: VC6 fixes
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:00:30 +0200

Neil Mitchell wrote:

Were these fixes ever committed, and if not will they be after 0.6 is
released?

They were not commited AFAIK since they solved the problem by removing the templates. That's not a really convincing way to solve it. If you find a way to make VC6 correctly recognize the templates I'd happily commit it. One thing that I recently thought of was trying to change the struct into class, since it may be that VC6 doesn't handle them the same way. The only difference should be that class is per default private and struct public but older compiliers disagree sometimes. My own installation of VC6 seems to be a bit broken so I can't test it myself.

Bye David