Re: Incorrect info in final tutorial, non-standard keymapping and report

From: Neil Mitchell
Subject: Re: Incorrect info in final tutorial, non-standard keymapping and reporting bugs.
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 15:19:35 +0100

> Do you mean something like:
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=pingus
> The link is only in the development section, but I don't think it should
> be in the user section anyway. So what exactly is your problem? If you
> want to help improving Pingus, just suggest what could be done better.
> To me your mail doesn't sound very polite at all and so I must say:
> Reporting bugs may require some work, fixing them requires much more.

I think the original person probably has a point, most users won't go to the
hassle of reporting bugs, even when its as simple as just clicking on a
button. A lot fewer will bother finding an email address, subscribing to a
list, checking for duplicate bug reports etc. Its probably best to point out
on the website that you can send without being subscribed to the list, or a
nice little form to email a problem.

Thats just my experience with other software I write

Neil