Re: Website spelling mistakes

From: Neil Mitchell
Subject: Re: Website spelling mistakes
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 17:51:45 +0100

> > I'm quite happy to take responsibility for a patch to the website
> > taking out all or most of the spelling errors, although I think the
> > web pages are originally XML, so I'd need that, and I can't find it
> > in the CVS.
Done.

I have totally ignored the old news pages, they remain unchanged

For all other pages I had added
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="default.xsl"?>
as the second line, this is the standard XML stylesheet pointer, and allows
IE and Mozilla to view the raw XML pages (useful for testing purposes) and
certain XML tools (like XMLconv which I use) to properly convert the XML to
HTML. Whatever build process you currently use on them, which would be nice
if you put in the CVS, will probably not be hampered by these tags (xalan
ignores them for instance).

Other than that its simple spelling fixes, and the occasional grammer fix
where it affected the spelling. I generated the spelling mistakes by running
XMLconv on the XML, and then running Spell on the resulting HTML. I have
also attached the custom words that spell did not have in its dictionary, if
you want to add them to the CVS, so that future versions can be spell
checked a lot easier - possibly even in the HTML generation script/makefile.

Neil