Re: Spellchecking

From: Joe Cooper
Subject: Re: Spellchecking
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 02:56:32 -0500

David Philippi wrote:
Joe Cooper wrote:

FWIW, I like Actions.

Every opinion counts. I guess it's most important to get the opinions of people who've got english as native language. To me it's only a second language, I can never be sure what's usual and what's valid but strange.

I am a native english speaker. Any of the three would be fine, and I believe clear to most english speakers. I just like actions, because I think of it more as the player giving orders to the pingus to act rather than the pingus learning the 'skill' or 'craft'.

So, an action seems to be precisely what is happening. This just isn't one of the areas where I thought "The Pingus language files need a little help" when I played the 0.6 version for the first time. My girlfriend wasn't confused by it either, when she played and made some levels with the level editor.

I was going to offer to copy-edit the english text and provide a patch, but I believe it has already been done in CVS, so I'll spend my spare time on levels, graphics, and music. If the text still has problems next time I take a look, I'll work on it.
--
Joe Cooper <address@hidden>