Re: Fwd: locale problem

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: Fwd: locale problem
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:04:48 +0200

David Philippi <address@hidden> writes:

> Oliver Seif wrote:
>> hello, i have a little problem with the locale. im using the binary version
>> of 0.6 and it says "ERROR: setlocale LC_MESSAGES failed!" it doesnt matter if
>> i change the LANG variable to de or de_DE. how can i solve this?
>
> What system do you use? It's unusual for LC_MESSAGES not to be
> supported   although it's not in the standard of C/C++.

I don't really know how all this locales stuff works, but under Debian
you have to specify the locales that should be generated/supported in
/etc/locale.gen and run locale-gen. No idea what it is generating
then, since Pingus already contains all the .gmo files, but setlocale
fails for me if the used language isn't in there.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927