Start from base dir (was: Re: Fullscreen mode (was Re: Windows build ))

From: Björn Fischer
Subject: Start from base dir (was: Re: Fullscreen mode (was Re: Windows build ))
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:39:22 +0200

Geez! That was my problem too (the thing with the failed assertion)! But why can't I play from the pingus base directory anymore? That used to work in 0.5...

It should work from there, seems like there's another point to look for.
Right now it doesn't work from there because of the following lines in pingus_main.cxx:

[...]
#else /* !WIN32 */
 path_manager.set_path("../data");
 path_manager.set_path("data");
 path_manager.set_path(".");
#endif /* !WIN32 */
[...]

Does anybody know what these lines are supposed to do? I'd say leaving only <path_manager.set_path("data");> would be fine. Anyhow removing the two other lines makes pingus playable from the base dir.

Any objections?

Greetings

Björn