Re: Display problem non standart ASCII caracters in French

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Display problem non standart ASCII caracters in French
Date: 09 Jun 2003 11:08:38 +0200

Am Mon, 2003-06-09 um 04.13 schrieb Etienne Marcotte:
> I tried to play Pingus in French, but all the
> accentuated (?) caracters are missing. The result is
> that the text look crappy without those é and à.
> It could be missing caracters in the font, or just my computer.

IIRC the font used at the time the translation was commited didn't
include those characters. The current one does so it would be possible
to update the translation to use correct characters. Perhaps you'd like
to do it?
BTW it seems that there are translation errors due to some patches - I
just looked into bomber-tutorial.xml to verify that there aren't any
accents in there and found the following in the "fr" part:

bazan grubun geri kalanýný kurtarmak için gerekli olabilir.

My french is quite bad but good enough to be decently sure that the
above is not french. From a quick compare with the surrounding part I'd
guess this is line belongs to "tr". Any confirmations / corrections?

Bye David