Re: Participate in pingus project

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Participate in pingus project
Date: 14 Jun 2003 19:01:30 +0200

Am Sam, 2003-06-14 um 18.47 schrieb Karai Csaba:
> I've tried the pingus program. It's a very good work.

Thanks, that's always nice to hear.

> If it is possible, I happily participate in the pingus project.

You're welcome to participate in any way possible to you.

> I had problems using CVS. I'm behind a company firewall
> which enables out only the HTTP traffic.
> Can CVS be used behind an HTTP firewall?

I'm don't know wheter this works. It's certainly possible to tunnel the
data through http or to write some sort of cgi script as a gateway but I
don't know if it's been done already.

> I'm an informatician ( C, C++ programmer, but I'm experienced
> only in console applications on linux ).

There's more then enough to code on Pingus that doesn't require
experience with graphical programming. I've nearly no experience with
graphical programming myself.

> If you need my help ( testing, hungarian translation,
> developing,

You could take a look at the bugs page and see wheter you find something
that you want to fix or you may test until you find a bug you want to
fix. *g*
Creating a hungarian translation is a good idea and you're welcome to
contribute one. I consider translations very usefull for a game, why
require someone to learn a foreign language to play Pingus?

Bye David

PS: cc'ed you just in case, if you're not yet on the list subscribe and
reply to the list.