Mouse click timing on 0.6.0

From: John August
Subject: Mouse click timing on 0.6.0
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 23:13:26 +1000

I'm running 0.6.0 on a 1200 Mhz machine. When I click on the left mouse button,
it takes a little under a second for pingus to recognise the click, after
which I must release the button for things to happen.

This makes timing very difficult. Armageddon / Nuking a level is very
difficult, because you need two clicks.  On an earlier version
0.5.0pre4, I find the program responds to mouse clicks as rapidly as I
can make them - a tenth of a second or so.

If anyone can point me in the right direction in the code, assuming its an
encoded delay rather than an overall problem, I'd be happy to try to fix
it myself.

I'm not on the list, please cc me.

Thanks,

--