different difficulty levels? (was: Re: Comments on unfinished levels)

From: David Philippi
Subject: different difficulty levels? (was: Re: Comments on unfinished levels)
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 16:51:35 +0000

Am So, den 28.03.2004 schrieb Rune Zedeler um 12:28:
> Oh, I thought you would have guessed that when I was talking about
> ajusting the time limit and the available actiond then I - ofcourse -
> was talking about reducing them - not increasing them. :-)

Well, if you reduce the levels to the minimal settings that's another
question. Are they meant to be easy? Making the easier again won't be a
problem obviously (although adding action may even make it harder to see
the solution) but lesser skilled player could loose their fun if all the
levels in playable/ are extremely hard to beat.
I guess in the end we need different difficulty settings. This surely
won't happen for 0.6 but maybe could be considered for 0.7. I guess it
would be enough to duplicate the action numbers, available time and
pingus to save settings with a difficulty=XX block and have multiple of
those. Converting the old levels to include such tags won't pose much of
a problem.
I don't know, maybe others will post their opinion?

Bye David