Pingus Windows Installer

From: Neil Mitchell
Subject: Pingus Windows Installer
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 15:39:08 +0100

Hi,

I have uploaded the installer I promised to:
http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~ndm103/windows-installer-pingus.zip

This includes a readme file, some screenshots of the thing in action (it
looks quite pretty I think), and the source code (unfortunately not quite as
pretty). Could the source code please be checked into the svn, unless there
are some problems with it. I also think it is worthy of being bundled into
0.6.1 - although if there are any Win95/98/ME users on the list I would
appreciate if they could test it (email me for a sample test program).

>From the readme.txt:
-----------
This is the Pingus Windows Installer

The installer, when built in release mode, can be concatenated with a zip
that you use to install and executed. The command line for doing this in DOS
is:

copy /b installer.exe + pingus.zip Pingus-Setup.exe

Its not too badly written so it should be possible to tweak the code as
required. The additional overhead of the installer is 20.5Kb

The things the installer does not do:
  Cancel an active install
  Allow you to uninstall Pingus

Written by Neil Mitchell, address@hidden for help if required,