Re: Level Comment Tool - further development

From: Björn Fischer
Subject: Re: Level Comment Tool - further development
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 22:29:38 +0200

David Philippi wrote:

Am Mi, den 14.04.2004 schrieb Björn Fischer um 16:11:
Sorry, the patch is outdated already... I have made a new one which also changes the index.php. It makes the script update the level cache when the level file is being changed.

Don't worry, I don't have an answer to my sql inquiry so far, therefore
I shouldn't apply the patch yet, right?
With a little bit of luck we'll soon also have a testserver for the
level comment tool.

Bye David

You can apply the patch now if you want. I wrote the code so that each of the databases (DBA and MySQL) can be used completely independent. So if you select one, ONLY this one is used. And I set the default to 'DBA' so applying the patch should theoretically change nothing in the first place.

When you have the necessary data for MySQL you can switch by setting $DBMS to 'MySQL' and the other variables to the correct values. From then the script uses MySQL. It should even be possible to switch back to DBA if we have problems with MySQL.

Greetings

Björn