Re: Pingus Windows Installer

From: Neil Mitchell
Subject: Re: Pingus Windows Installer
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 22:25:40 +0100

> GPL, there are no warranty statements in there. But it probably won't
> hurt to add a message box that the user must read the GPL (not that many
> will do, but that's not our problem) before running the game the first
> time.

Maybe the place for a message like this is on the website, before the user
downloads the game. This way we don't destroy the experience of the game (or
worry people unnecessarily, given that the GPL won't even be readable on
Windows machines), and we can still say they had a reasonable chance to read
it. The less legal stuff before a user and a game the better.

Neil