What about an announce-only mailing list?

From: Michele Alessandrini
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 01:33:02 +0200

Hi,
I'm a Pingus fan (I already had the occasion to express my apprecation for
your absolutely wonderful game) and I'm subscribed to the list to be informed
about new development.
Anyway, this list brings really too much mail for people not directly involved
in development. Why not consider the option of a low-traffic list with only
announce (new releases, new levels, bug fixes, etc)? A not repliable one
would be even better...
Bye and thanks for all
Michele