Re: (obviously unofficial) Windows build available

From: Jason Green
Subject: Re: (obviously unofficial) Windows build available
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:54:29 -0400

On 10/10/05, Neil Mitchell <address@hidden> wrote:
No obvious comments, but you [Jason] deserve
congratulations :)

Thanks, by the way.  I have so far heard of 2 computers that won't run it.  The program opens, and the main screens work, and they get all the way through the story, then click OK on the first level, and Windows pops up some error message and closes the game.  It's happened on both a Win2000 laptop and a WinXP desktop.  I haven't actually seen the message, but I've been on the phone with people who say it crashes.  It also occurs in the Contrib mode if they select any of the levels.  The level info appears, but crashes after clicking OK.

Any idea what might be causing this?  Plus, it still crashes quite often when closing the program.  I'll have to look at the deinitialize code.  I have zero experience with GNU debuggers, but it looks like that's the next thing I'll need to learn.   :-)

Any tips or pointers in the right direction are welcome.  Thanks!

Jason