Re: Multiplayer question

From: Jason Green
Subject: Re: Multiplayer question
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 20:09:04 -0400

On 10/12/05, Gervase Lam <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 22:14 -0400, Jason Green wrote:
> Should a specific trap (hammer, guillotine, spike, etc.) be assigned
> to a specific owner, or should it just affect everyone's pingus the
> same way?  For instance, if we had a spike next to an exit, it could

Or you could add the owner specific traps as an option to the multi-
player game you are about to play.  If there were multi-owner traps, how
would you flag the ownership of each trap?  In a different colour, or
with a flag?

I suppose that would be up to each trap.  Some of them would be large enough to be able to distinguish by color, but a spike would be different...  It would need a flag.  I'll just leave this concept alone for the time being and get the different colors working first.  Personally, I think it will be easier to make it multiplayer over the network than it would to have a split-screen.  I'll work on finishing the framework first, then worry about the details afterwards.