[Pingus-Devel] Simple Frameskip Code

From: Michael [Plouj] Ploujnikov
Subject: [Pingus-Devel] Simple Frameskip Code
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 20:48:08 -0500

Hi,

I managed to write a really stupid frameskip patch. It is stupid
because it actually makes the game use more CPU when enabled.

you can notice this difference if you compare the CPU utilization when running:
./pingus --frame-skip 0
and running:
./pingus --frame-skip 5
In addition to this, frameskip actually causes the FPS display to show
lower numbers (I guess because it is calculated during frame
rendering).

This patch should cleanly apply to SVN trunk revision 3509.

--
Libre Software: