Re: [Pingus-Devel] two player mode

From: Carsten Milkau
Subject: Re: [Pingus-Devel] two player mode
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 23:50:50 +0200

Hello Daniel,

On Wednesday, July 9 18:36 2008, Daniel Herding wrote:
> What about not making the multiplayer feature competitive, but
> coorperative? For example, one player gets blue pingus, the other one
> controls red ones. Each color has its own entry and its own exit. The

I also thought about this, however it has two big drawbacks:

1) it requires a lot of communication between the two parties to coordinate
their work well. It is not obvious how this should be achieved conveniently
while each of them has to control their pingus.

2) If both all players plan their actions (which can be assumed, as pinugs is
more of a puzzle than an arcade game), the multiplayer mode does not add much
to the gameplay. It's still almost the same puzzle, you only have two sets of
pingus with different abilities. Although two players carry out the actions,
they are just carrying out a single plan, which (thanks to pausing) could
equally well be done by a single player.

Puzzle games are always single player games, we have to face it =)

Greetings
Carsten