Re: [Pingus-Devel] pingu to fast

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: [Pingus-Devel] pingu to fast
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 20:08:45 +0200

2011/8/12 Andreas Moroder <address@hidden>:
> I installed pingus today but there is no chance to play it because the
> penguins are too fast. Is there a way to slow them down to a playable speed ?
> Accoding to cpuinfoI have a Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad  CPU   Q9300  @ 2.50GHz

Which version of Pingus and which OS are you running it on?

One guess: Maybe you have accidently activated fast-forward mode,
which can be toggled  by pressing Space or the ">>>" button.

The gamespeed is also directly adjustable via a command line option:

 -t, --speed=SPEED    Set the game speed (0=fastest, >0=slower)

So something like this would make it slower:

./pingus --speed=100

However that shouldn't be needed. Never heard of technical issues with
the gamespeed before, so no idea on what exactly might be causing
problems here.

--
Blog:     http://grumbel.blogspot.com/
JabberID: xmpp:address@hidden