plash

Re: [Plash] Using plash to overlay a filesystem

From: Mark Seaborn
Subject: Re: [Plash] Using plash to overlay a filesystem
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 22:13:42 +0100 (BST)

Thomas Leonard <address@hidden> wrote:

> Any hints on debugging this?
>
> [
> If you want to reproduce it:
>
> $ git clone git://repo.or.cz/zeroinstall.git
> $ cd zeroinstall
> $ git checkout plash-overlay
> $ sudo python setup.py install --force
> $ 0launch http://0install.net/2008/3rd-party/gnome-inform7.xml
>
> Create a new project and click on the Run button on the toolbar if it
> starts (sometimes it fails before that).
> ]

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner about this.  I just tried
this out and it works for me: it comes up with the splash screen and I
can create a new Inform project.  I think you fixed the problem in
your most recent commit, "Set fake uids when using Plash" (although
the commit is dated from before your message).

BTW running setup.py was not necessary and I just did
"PYTHONPATH=. ./0launch ...".

Mark