platform-testers

[Platform-testers] new snapshot available: coreutils-8.12.193-d8dc8

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: [Platform-testers] new snapshot available: coreutils-8.12.193-d8dc8
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 18:22:34 +0200

Here's another pre-release snapshot.

There have been a lot of improvements since the preceding snapshot.
Looking through summaries below, I realize that I should add to NEWS
(and should have mentioned in the "build: update gnulib submodule to
latest" commit log) that several gnulib changes fixed a long-standing
bug in cp wrt NFSv4, when copying non-trivial ACLs.  Thanks to Bruno
Haible for all of the new code and tests in gnulib.

I hope to be able to make the coreutils-8.13 release on Wednesday.

coreutils snapshot: (.gz files are here, too)
  http://meyering.net/cu/coreutils-ss.tar.xz      4.8 MB
  http://meyering.net/cu/coreutils-ss.tar.xz.sig
  http://meyering.net/cu/coreutils-8.12.193-d8dc8.tar.xz

There are .gz and .sig files here, too:
  http://people.redhat.com/meyering/cu/coreutils-ss.tar.xz
  http://people.redhat.com/meyering/cu/coreutils-8.12.193-d8dc8.tar.xz

Changes in coreutils since 8.12.178-df9cd:

Bernhard Voelker (1):
      tests: improve message in 'require_membership_in_two_groups_' function

Bruno Haible (1):
      tests: init.sh: work also with any non-GNU diff that supports -u

Jim Meyering (7):
      tests: invoke via "env printf", rather than using an absolute name
      tests: misc/printf: accommodate alternate behavior
      tests: printf-surprise: avoid false-positive failure
      tests: pwd-long: diagnose failure earlier
      tests: cut: exercise distro-added multibyte code paths
      tests: remove require-perl script; use function instead
      build: update gnulib submodule to latest

Pádraig Brady (6):
      build: avoid the use of strsignal() in split
      stdbuf: fix helper lib identification on some platforms
      timeout: suppress a redundant warning on some systems
      tests: split/l-chunk: avoid a portability issue
      timeout: fixup previous warning fix
      doc: describe test control variables

Changes in gnulib since 8.12.178-df9cd:

* gnulib 47cb657...f8e2db8 (49):