playogg-discuss

Re: [playogg-discuss] Youtube and Vimeo in html5

From: narendra sisodiya
Subject: Re: [playogg-discuss] Youtube and Vimeo in html5
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 14:09:48 +0530

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 4:31 AM, Ted Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, 2010-01-22 at 16:07 -0500, Joshua Gay wrote:

> OK, so I guess the _expression_ would be "go home", no?
>
> -Josh

I would hope the _expression_ would be "keep fighting".

To that end, who's doing something to convince these video providers to
use ogg?

This can happen when we need to educate people about ogg and its importance.
Google want to capture its share in browser market. It has implemented html5-h.264 video tag. Firefox [cannot/do not want] to implement it. Firefox has done this using html5-ogg. So basically It is providing a non-standard evil feature on top on html5.

--
│    Narendra Sisodiya ( नरेन्द्र सिसोदिया )