plex86-devel

Re: [Plex86-devel] Questions on CVS, etc...

From: Bob Diepenbrock
Subject: Re: [Plex86-devel] Questions on CVS, etc...
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:11:06 -0500

Drew,

> How are you trying to install?

I built Plex86 from source..  It built with a few compiler warnings, but no errors, on my Red Hat 8.0 system.  I've looked at some of the compiler warnings, but most are apparently intended.  It apparently runs fine, I just was having difficulty getting a workable configuration and the documentation is very lacking in this regard.

Makefile (docs/xml/Pug/Makefile) for documentation is not built when you do the ./configure process and I had a different version of openjade on my box than the makefile has hard coded.  Once I edited the makefile I was able to build and view the documentation, but I think the configure process should be fixed to handle this...

Is anybody working on a GUI to set up a configuration?  Seems that a nice GUI would be useful for both BOCHS and Plex86...

I was also wondering....  Apparently the BOOCHS project and Plex86 share a LOT of stuff...  How closely does the source relate to that project?  Are they separate development trees that have been somewhat merged or do these projects share a common root?

-= bob =-