po4a-dev

[Po4a-dev]po4a release 0.14 (was: Cleaning po4a compilation warnings)

From: Martin Quinson
Subject: [Po4a-dev]po4a release 0.14 (was: Cleaning po4a compilation warnings)
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 08:57:00 +0100

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 06:04:22PM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 02:12:36PM +0100, Martin Quinson wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > when compiling po4a, perl floods me with such messages:
> > perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
> > perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
> >       LANGUAGE = (unset),
> >       LC_ALL = (unset),
> >       LANG = "fr"
> >     are supported and installed on your system.
> > perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
> >
> > The problem is that when I use any po4a tool, I don't have those messages.
> > Something in the debian/rules must be wrong, but I failed so far to find
> > what.
> >
> > Any idea ?
>
> Rename the LANG variable in po/pod/Makefile and these warnings disappear.
> You must also replace PERL5LIB=../.. by PERL5LIB=../../lib

Err. Obvious. I'm an idiot.

Thanks a lot, fixed.

When the savannah server accepts again that I upload files, I'll release
0.14. Here is the changelog:

Urgency: low
Maintainer: Martin Quinson <address@hidden>
Date: Fri,  7 Feb 2003 08:46:23 +0100
Changes:
 po4a (0.14) unstable; urgency=low
 .
   * The "One step outside Debian" version.
 .
   * A proper Perl package is now build, thanks to Makefile.PL
     Next step: inclusion on CPAN ;)
   * Preliminary testsuite:
     - Every class is compilable
     - Man.pm works (test number 4 is known to fail, because diff don't work
well on po files).
     - addendums work
     Still to do: other modules.
   * Fix po/pod/Makefile, to avoid tons of warnings and reflect the lib/
directory change.
     [Denis Barbier]
   * Updated documentation, thanks to Philippe for its review. One day,
     addendums will be usable...
   * Use warnings in all file
   * Add a 'no-wrap' flag to all msgid which will wont wrapped by
     po4a. This tag is valid for gettext and will be preserved by
     tools. It mean something else for gettext, but this other meaning seem
     useless to me, and both use can coexist.
   * Man.pm:
     - don't split indented paragraphs on several msgids.
     - don't pretend we handle nested font modifier when we don't

For now, it is on www.ens-lyon.fr/~mquinson/debian (and not accessible with
apt-get). Of course, this is as long as the web server of my school is up.
Since the week end is comming, you should get your copy ASAP. ;)

Bye, Mt.

--
Tout le monde savait que c'était impossible. Puis vint un imbécile qui ne le
savait pas et qui l'a fait.