protux-devel

[Protux-devel] ALSA + QThreads

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: [Protux-devel] ALSA + QThreads
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 16:59:01 -0200

*** Alsa support

is almost done (there is no way back now ;-)

the latency time is much smaller now and I am starting to believe in ROI
Filters (an old dream  : Right on Input filters )

for now, if you try to compile protux and get in trouble with alsa stuff, just
comment the line

libmustux_la_LIBADD = -D_ALSA -lasound

in Makefile.am (libmustux)

and it might work fine (automatically uses OSS)

for Tapio :

There will be needed to to add a compilation directive like

./configure --no-alsa

so it automatically  ignores the line

libmustux_la_LIBADD = -D_ALSA -lasound

under Makefile.am (libmustux)

This is necessary for those who dont have the alsa libs

*** QThreads

Also many improvements in threads were made. Only Mustux Tuner depends on
pthreads , and it is about to be migrated too

--
Luciano Giordana - Musician / GNU C++ Developer / Free Software Evangelist
http://www.groselhalight.com/giordana