pspp-dev

RE: More notes on Mac OS X 10.3.6 (Panther)

From: Marshall DeBerry
Subject: RE: More notes on Mac OS X 10.3.6 (Panther)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:28:56 -0500

For starters, Ben is right regarding the change I made to the aclocal line
by adding /sw/share/aclocal...you should leave it at -I m4 (my mistake).

Here's the latest. One also needs to have the GNU plotutils package present,
as there is a search in chart.h for plot.h, and it wants to find it in
/usr/include (note the hard coded <plot.h>)  I got the package, compiled,
and installed it on both my Fedora Core 3 and my Powerbook running Mac OS X
10.3.6.  Here's the interesting thing--running make check on the Fedora Core
3 failed on the spline test, but passed on OS X.  So, when I run the make
with the plotutils package on my machine with FC3, I do get an executable
pspp, but it complains about not finding the libplot.so.2 file (I've got it
in /usr/local/lib for the moment due to the failed check).  However, when I
run the make on the Powerbook under Mac OS X 10.3.6, with plotutils
installed, eventually I get the following:

flip.c: In function `cmd_flip':
flip.c:101: warning: passing arg 3 of `dict_get_vars' from incompatible
pointer type
flip.c: In function `flip_file':
flip.c:423: error: `off_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
flip.c:423: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
flip.c:423: error: for each function it appears in.)
flip.c:423: error: parse error before "i"
make[2]: *** [flip.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Marshall