pspp-dev

PSPP understanding

From: michael michael
Subject: PSPP understanding
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 11:47:47 +0900

I understand you, developers of PSPP!

By the way, who has written lexer.c?

I've found that except avl.c, pool.c and str.c some other program modules can
be used in other program development. This is, for example, filename.c
(although these functions are not difficult, of course).

It seems to me, that developers should write simple, well understandable code,
that can be used as a "stand-alone" program module.

I don't know why you don't use classes or functions that use data in parameters
only. When
I adapt PSPP 0.3.0 for Windows (this is done for Visual C++, by the way), a lot
of puzzles were solved. I can share my results, so if anybody needs Windows
version of PSPP 0.3.0, please, write me. This is developer's code, no more.

Now this code is not so easy to understand.
avl.c, pool.c, str.c, filename.c are parts of PSPP which are maybe more
"stand-alone" than others.