pspp-dev

Re: GUI

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: GUI
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 07:43:14 +0800

On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 06:12:48PM +0000, Jason Stover wrote:

     I don't know if the following comment is relevant to this phase, but
     just in case: sometimes users have client/server versions of SAS or
     SPSS or other statistical software.  They use a local gui as a client,
     which sends computational requests, usually those involving a large
     data set, to a server which runs only the backend and has access to
     the data. I thought this consideration might be relevant to any socket
     v. pipe questions.

Does this imply that the data is stored on the server side or the client
side?  If the former, then it opens up a new can of worms.  If the
latter, then I think it'll fit in quite nicely to the way I proposed.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3