pspp-dev

Re: API?

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: API?
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 08:41:42 +0800

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 08:33:40AM -0400, Serge Beaulieu wrote:

     I used unix ... years ago and because I have a small business I am now
     learning lots about debian linux.  Now that I have found pspp, I'd like to
     help out the community (if I can) maybe as a tester?.  I am not a C/C+ or
     C#  programmer but I have programmed (as a beginner programmer) in Delphi,
     dbase, and a few other languages and am willing to help in some
     small ways.

One thing that needs testing and user feedback right now is the
graphic user interface (in the psppire module of CVS).  Also, Jason is
working on linear regression, but I'm not sure if it's ready for
testing just yet.

     I was wondering, does PSPP have an API?

Not as such, but most of the code is fairly modular, and well
documented. So it may not be too difficult to make a library out of
parts of PSPP if you had some particular need.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3