pspp-dev

Re: getl.c

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: getl.c
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:09:34 -0800

> getl.c is the next module which I need to do something with.
>
> Simply placing getl_location and getl_head into a separate module
> should solve my immediate problem.  But maybe we want to think about
> this a little more carefully.
>

> It seems that this is currently another case of one module serving
> several purposes.  In particular, the function "welcome" doesn't seem
> to belong here.

Arguably the UI code--basically welcome() and
read_console()--could go in a separate file.

> And it seems to me that the task of reading a line, should be
> seperate from the task of recording the current line/file.

They're at least intertwined, given that reading a line changes
the current line.  How would you like to separate them?

(Or by "the task of reading a line" do you just mean
read_console()?  Sure, break it out.)
--
"Because computer source code is an expressive means for the exchange
 of information and ideas about computer programming, we hold that it