pspp-dev

documentation of interest

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: documentation of interest
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 16:03:40 -0800

Browsing through the SPSS documentation available on the web, I
discovered some manuals I hadn't looked at before.  A few are
interesting:

        * The GPL Reference Guide, where GPL is Graphics
          Production Language.  This describes a simple but
          powerful language for graphing.  I bet that we'll want
          to implement this at some point--it would make a nice
          backing for a GUI for graphs--although it would be a
          big project too.

        * The Tables reference guide.  This describes the GUI
          behind the CTABLES command syntax.  I've been wrestling
          with how to deal with table output for a while now
          (well, *years*), and this might be nice to look at
          while thinking about that.

--
"To the engineer, the world is a toy box full of sub-optimized and
 feature-poor toys."