pspp-dev

Re: category.c

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: category.c
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 16:46:21 -0800

>      While we're on the topic, is anyone in favor of using a garbage
>      collector in PSPP?
>
> Using pool.c sort of does something similar.  Perhaps we should make
> more use of that.

I have some improvements for the pools waiting off in the wings,
too.  One that you might find interesting is something I'm
calling a "static pool".  This pool lives as long as the whole
program, then gets destroyed via atexit() at program termination.
It eliminates the need for a lot of cleanup functions.
--
"Writing is easy.
 All you do is sit in front of a typewriter and open a vein."