pspp-dev

Re: obsd build include trouble

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: obsd build include trouble
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 06:44:18 +0800

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 09:05:36AM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:

     > I've tested with gcc 4.0.2 --- I've been very aware that recent
     > versions of gcc have changed  behaviour with respect to included
     > directories.  I've tried therefore to do things in the simplest
     > possible way so as to avoid any nasty problems. But let me know if any
     > do arise.

     I actually wasn't aware that recent GCC had changed the way it
     treats bare -I.  I know that -I- is now deprecated in favor of
     -isystem.

     Maybe you can explain further?

-I- actually did two things. From the gcc-3.3.5 documentation :

           In addition, -I- inhibits the use of the directory of the current
           file directory as the first search directory for "#include "file"".

It probably wasn't a good idea to have one flag serving two purposes. But
it seems that in gcc 4.x, there is no way to specify such an
inhibition.  I don't think this particular issue is going to affect
the PSPP build system, unless it's compiled using a virtual view
path.  But it got me worried ...

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3