Error messages again

From: John Darrington
Subject: Error messages again
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 19:10:34 +0800

I'm still trying to work out a way to reconcile the pspp "struct msg"
with the glib GError API.

typedef struct {
  GQuark       domain;
  gint         code;
  gchar       *message;
} GError;

The "domain" field is roughly equivalent to our class member, so
converting between the two will be resonably straightforward.  But the
"code" member has no equivalent. It needs to be a unique number for
each error message.

I'm not sure how we'd implement that.  One idea would be to  have it
initialsed whenever the function msg is called: Change msg to a macro,
and initialise code to a hash of the __FILE__, __LINE__ combination.

PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3
See or any PGP keyserver for public key.