Re: uninitialized data in

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: uninitialized data in
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 11:35:19 +0900

On Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 06:01:21PM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     I'd discourage going down the road of comparing strings to
     SYSMIS, especially if they might be shorter than
     MAX_SHORT_STRING.  You could just get unlucky and be processing a
     string that happens to have the same bit pattern as SYSMIS.
     I'd check the variable type before making that comparison.

OK.  Done.  Henceforth I shall assume that string variables can never

Incidently, while you're reforming variable.[ch], how about prefixing
the symbols NUMERIC and ALPHA with VAR_ ?

PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3
See or any PGP keyserver for public key.