Re: CVS compilation difficulty

From: Jason Stover
Subject: Re: CVS compilation difficulty
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 15:55:58 -0500

I had the same trouble, even though I also had pkg-config.
My problem was that I had two directories with m4 macros in it,
and the directory aclocal checked did not have PKG_CHECK_MODULES
defined in it.

If you haven't done so, run aclocal --print-ac-dir. Then grep for
PKG_CHECK_MODULES in that directory. On my machine, PKG_CHECK_MODULES
was defined in /usr/local/share/aclocal/pkg.m4, but aclocal was looking in
/usr/share/aclocal, which did not contain the definition.