pspp-dev

Using "-O1 -g" to debug optimisation bugs in Mingw.

From: John McCabe-Dansted
Subject: Using "-O1 -g" to debug optimisation bugs in Mingw.
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 00:11:04 +0800

I've mentioned previously many of the bugs in the Mingw port go away
if we compile with -O0.

Most of them come back if we compile with -O1. I understand that O1
code is meant to be reasonable to debug, so we may be able to diagnose
those problems by debugging code generated with "-O1 -g".

I intend to (as John D suggested offlist) also write a script to
change the compile options on each .o file and see which ones seem to
be causing the bugs.

--
John C. McCabe-Dansted
PhD Student