pspp-dev

Re: [patch 0/7] some bits of simpler-proc ready for review

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: [patch 0/7] some bits of simpler-proc ready for review
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 16:13:45 +0800

I would suggest that we try merging in bigger chunks.  If each patch
is going to be as small as these, then it'll take a long time.  Maybe
try it on a per directory basis.  For example Smake, configure.ac and
Makefile.am I think could be merged immediately.  Probably everything
in libpspp too.  If a patch proves to be controversial, then it can be
split into smaller ones.

In so far as these patches go, the only concern I have is removing the
next/prev/up pointers from the documentation.  It will make the manual
harder to navigate.

Last week I had a look at the other things that need to be merged. One
mental note I made was that math/ordering.[ch] ought to be moved to
data --- it results in circular dependencies being in math, and it
pertains to data definition/semantics so probably makes more sense in
src/data

J'